Sunday, February 5, 2012

Learning Outcomes

We are doing a Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom activity where the students will use many of their emerging skills. Following are three learning outcomes.

 1. By the end of our activity the children will have an emerging knowledge of color recognition.
 2. The students will recall basic letters of the alphabet from the book.
 3. The students will demonstrate their enhanced fine motor skills by pasting objects onto their construction paper.

Continuing on, I made three test items which go with each learning outcome for my classroom activity.
  
   1. While using our colorful blocks separate the colors red, blue, or green. This will be great for visual learners.
 2. Pick out the first initial of your name from the scrambled blocks.
 3. Paste the objects in a row onto your construction paper.

Essay Item- The outcomes that I have chosen will be slightly difficult because some of my students do not know all of their colors. Since it is a back-up center  where the age ranges from 12 months to 3 yrs. I chose these test items with visual cues because I am a big believer that learning outcomes turn out better with visual enhancements.

2 comments: